The EBSCO “Discovery” search tool allows you to search one searchbox and get articles from multiple databases together, and makes it easy for your students and staff members to find information. EBSCO has setup four different profiles. Each profile is different and is specific to a school type (High School, Middle School/Intermediate, Elementary School. There is also one for the school staff to use that has resources for educators and administrators called Teacher Resources. Below are lists of the databases that are being searched within each profile. We recommend you choose the one that is appropriate for your school type and also include the one for your staff to use.
There are 4 different EBSCO Discovery Service search boxes a school can embed on webpages.
- Elementary School Resources: Searches Primary Search, Funk & Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia, and the K8 ebook subscription.
- Middle School Resources: Searches Middle Search Plus, Biography Reference Center, History Reference Center, Newspaper Source Plus, Points of View Reference Center, Primary Search, Science Reference Center, and the K8 ebook subscription.
- High School Resources: Searches Advanced Placement Source, Biography Reference Center, High School ebook subscription, History Reference Center, Literary Reference Center Plus, MAS Complete, Middle Search Plus, Poetry & Short Story Reference Center, Points of View Reference Center, and Science Reference Center.
- Teacher Resources: Searches Education Research Complete, ERIC (Education Resource Information Collection), and Academic Search Complete.
1. Download and open the appropriate txt file(s) you would like to embed.
2. Copy the code from .txt file.
3. On a webpage, switch to the html code view (usually represented by the '</>' icon).
4. Paste the copied code to the page and save.
5. Congratulations! The EBSCO Discovery Service box should now appear on the webpage.
For questions or additional assistance, please contact EBSCO Customer Support at (800) 758-5995 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit the support website at: